If you would like to speak to me about a custom furniture, built-in, woodworking project, this is the process:
1. Your ideas - In the form below, please describe your project as thoroughly as you can, and include as much info as possible: approximate height, width, depth, color, etc. If you have a particular style in mind, or specific detail you would like to see (i.e. raised panel doors, dovetailed drawers, etc), please make a note of it.
2. Initial meeting and rough estimate - If you are located near me (within an hour's drive of Chester Springs, PA), I like to set up an initial site meeting and consultation where I visit your home to get an idea of your space and to find out exactly what you're looking for. There is no charge for this service, and during that time I will give you a rough estimate for your project, if possible. Depending on the complexity of the project, I may need additional time to work up a rough price. The initial site visit also gives you a chance to get a feel for me and see if I'm the right fit for you and your project.
If you are not located within an hour's drive of Chester Springs, PA, then I will provide you with an approximate price range for your project based on the information your provided in Step 1.
3. Exact estimate and proposal - If the rough price range fits within your budget, I will work up an exact, to-the-penny estimate along with a detailed proposal. There is a fee of $150 for this service, and it covers the exact estimate, written proposal, and a second site visit to review it with you in person if you are located nearby. The $150 fee is credited back against the overall cost of the job if you decide to move forward with the project.
4. Contract and scheduling - Upon your approval of the proposal, a contract will be written up, and then the work can be scheduled. Construction times vary depending on the size and scope of the project.
Although woodworking is my primary focus, I do offer general contracting services to fill in my schedule as needed. If you would like to speak to me about a home renovation or construction project, click Read More below.
The process is the same as described above with the exception of design plans.
• For smaller projects: If you do not have clear plans established, I can work up a design to help with nailing down an exact estimate. The cost for design services is $35.00/hr, and design fees must be paid before delivery of sketches. Design times vary based on the size and scope of your project, but typically run from approximately two to eight hours. My designs do not serve as a replacement for architectural prints and cannot always be used to secure permits from your local township or borough. As with the estimate fee described above, the design fee is non-refundable but is credited against the overall cost of the project if you decide to move forward with it.
• For larger renovation and new construction projects: I generally do not offer design services for these type of projects. A set of architectural prints is usually required to get the necessary permits. A set of prints also allows me to provide you with the most accurate cost estimate possible.